Wednesday, June 29, 2011

You are your problem. You are also your solution.


            I had an extremely lazy weekend, my favorite kind, full of food and movies! So I thought I would share my thoughts on the movies you must see and the one you shouldn’t! Plus, against Amy’s advice “Don’t turn your blog into a So You Think You Can Dance blog Kerry”, my favorite dance from last week!

The Dilemma: Vince Vaughn is probably one of my favorite actors. I love his fast talking! I also love Kevin James, so I was expecting a lot from this movie. Complete disappointment! This movie was much more depressing than funny. It was also extremely slllooowww. Mom gave up on it half way through and we were falling asleep by the end. I would not rent this movie unless you really want to get depressed about marriage.

            Bad Teacher:  Since Matt refuses to go see “Cars 2” with me, we went to see “Bad Teacher” Saturday night. I am not too fond of Cameron Diaz, but love Justin Timberlake and Jason Segel (who doesn’t?) so I was worried Cameron would ruin it.  It was so funny! It is a great “date movie”, and even though I don’t like Cameron Diaz I can’t think of anyone who would play the part better. The entire cast was great Phyllis (from “The Office”) and Lucy Punch (who plays Cameron’s rival teacher) are fabulous. This is definitely rated R though, so if you don’t like raunchy movies it is not for you.

            Bridesmaids: I went and saw this with my mom and Miss Lisa last night, and it starts out with a bang…awkward! I can’t look at Kristen Wiig without laughing so I thought it was hilarious (title is a quote from this movie)! Of course it is exaggerated, but it truly showed some things that I have seen through being a bridesmaid. There is a scene where they are on an airplane on their way to Vegas that I couldn’t stop laughing. I argued with my dad and Matt for awhile that this wasn’t a “girl movie” but they were right it is, but I highly recommend seeing it! Oh, and this one is extremely raunchy too, hence the awkwardness of seeing it with my mom.  

            NOW my favorite dance from last week, another lyrical dance! This is to Adele’s “Turning Tables” and is amazing! I hope that someday I can choreograph a dance half as good as this!  Fun Fact: the dancers were so into this dance that he accidently punched her and her nose was bleeding through half of the dance, craziness!



1 comment: