Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Reality Check from a Third Grader

     Tonight I taught a jazz class with about 10 second and third graders, and let me tell you they can be BRUTALLY honest. Here is how my night went...

Girls-- "Miss Kerry, we heard you went to the beach with your boyfriend last week. His name is Matt."

Me-- "Yes I did and with his mommy and daddy."

Girls-- "Is he cute?"

Me-- "Yes, I think so."

Girls-- "Are you MaRrIeD?"

Me-- "No."

Girls-- "Why not?!?! How old are you?"

Me-- "24"

Girls-- "TWENTY FOUR AND YOUR NOT MARRIED?!?!? You should be having a baby by now!"

About 30 minutes later...

Girls-- "Miss Kerry do you have an apartment?"

Me-- "No...I live at my parent's house."

Girls-- "WHAT?!?! YOUR TWENTY FOUR AND YOU STILL LIVE WITH YOUR PARENTS??!?!"

One sweet little girl-- "Well guys she's not married yet!"

   Man talk about a rough night LOL! Nothing like a bunch of third graders to give you a reality check. Throughout this class I was also asked if I kiss my boyfriend, and of course the answer was no you don't kiss till your married LOL. Nights like tonight remind me why I love being around kids as much as possible, but before I teach that class again I plan on getting married, pregnant, and buying my own house. Hopefully Shannon won't need a substitute for a looong time haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment