Thursday, July 14, 2011

"On the beach, you can live in bliss."~Dennis Wilson (The Beach Boys)

I FINALLY made it to the beach last weekend! After the flight fiasco on the 4th I was super excited to get down to see by BFF Ashley! It was a FABULOUS weekend, here is a quick recap followed by my new idol, then of course my favorite dance from last week!

Thursday night I met Matt and the Thompson’s (Kelly and Greg still so weird!) in Auburn. Man I have missed that place! The four of us and Patrick went to Amsterdam so I could have my favorite Rum Salmon Salad! Then we went to play adult trivia at a new bar down there. The “Scary Kerry” team was horrible I think we came in last place, but still had a ton of fun!

Friday Matt and I loaded my car and his truck full of stuff I STILL had to get from Auburn, then we headed down to Destin! Soon as we got there and saw Ashley’s AWESOME apartment, we headed straight to Walmart (you know I HAVE to have my sunscreen) then to the beach. It was perfect, not too hot and sooo relaxing! Later the three of us went to The Crab Trap and had some AMAZING crab dip and crab legs!
We went to bed somewhat early Friday because I was determined to get up early and spend the ENTIRE day on the beach. Well we were all woken up at 7:30 by an intense thunderstorm and a 50% chance of rain the rest of the day…I thought I was going to cry. Thank goodness the meteorologists were wrong again, and it was another beautiful day on the beach, but slightly hotter. Me and Matt beat Ashley and Harmon in bocce ball, and the boys yelled at me and Ashley for squealing about the gross seaweed in the water, so pretty much it was a perfect beach day!
After the beach we went to Buster’s Oyster happy hour where me and Matt down almost 4 dozen raw oysters a piece! You can’t beat a dozen oysters for $1.99! About that time everyone started pointing out how burnt I was. I was sooo mad I was the only one who kept putting on sunscreen. LESSON LEARNED: Always get a slight tan before the beach!  Later we went to McGuire’s and I ate some delicious prime rib. I am not big on going to the beach and not eating at a seafood place, but this restaurant was awesome and everyone should visit it when in Destin! I can’t wait to go back and see Ashley again!


Now onto my new idol…Kate Middleton. Carrie Underwood will always be number one, but Kate’s fashion has made me fall in love. Here are some of my favorite outfits…

I WANT TO BE A PRINCESS!

Here is my favorite dance from last week’s SYTYCD. Obviously I have 2 favorite couples since all my favorite dances have been from Melanie and Marko and Caitlynn and Mitchell. ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment